Tuesday, June 17, 2014

You Live in Pacific Beach?

"You Live in Pacific Beach?"

I have been asking that question of myself at least once a week, for the last three years. (It was three years ago last Memorial Day weekend that my partner and I (yes, we are a gay couple) moved to Pacific Beach. And seeing that it doesn't seem like we'll be leaving Pacific Beach anytime soon, I think it's time to start documenting my life / our life in Pacific Beach.

This is the photo I took today on Garnet Ave just north of Mission Blvd. I should have noted the name of the second-hand store. When I took the photo, I thought, "Oh, I need to post this on Instagram with the hashtags #We'reNotInChelsea #We'reNotinHellsKitchen and #GetMyMindOutoftheGutter

But instead (or perhaps, in addition to) the Instagram post, it's part of the maiden post for a blog that I've been thinking about for a long time.


By the way, I was walking up Garnet to take a quick walk through the Pacific Beach Tuesday farmer's market before heading home.

There's a mobile pizza oven there, and I bought a margarita pizza from a guy who moved from Naples 30 years ago. He speaks Italian with an English accent...and if I can pick up an English accent, it must be pretty strong. I should have taken a photo of the pizza...it was good...and I'd eaten the whole thing by the time I'd walked the 4 or 5 blocks home.

No comments:

Post a Comment